One of my goals for this year was to prioritise reading. I am an absolute book addict and have a pile of 50 or so unread books I had piled around the apartment. So I decided to set a myself a challenge and avoid buying books until I had gotten through the pile.
My challenge is 24 books for the year via the Goodreads reading challenge. I thought 2 books a month would be an achievable average to aim for.
So far so good, I have read 21 of 24 books which I am quite proud of with 3 months still left in the year.
I did have a bit of a stumble though. I held fast and managed to get all the way to September before purchasing a new book… and in true form broke my streak by buying four. One I have read already and three are on their way.
My name is Rebecca and I am addicted to buying books. It has been 0 minutes since I purchased a book. It was over 8 months since my last purchase. I have over 50 unread books in my home 😏 #BookLoversAnonymous#ILoveBooks#BookAddict pic.twitter.com/FnQLATXFVC
— Rebecca Jackson 🤓 レベッカ (@RebeccaJLJ) September 9, 2019
I generally have a few books in progress at any given time, at least one fiction and one non-fiction. Odds are good I am going to hit my challenge goal soon. The question is… increase the goal or just exceed it.
What are you reading at the moment? Do you recommend anything for when I eventually get through my gigantic pile of unread books? Comment at the end.
My books so far
- Elevation – King, Stephen
- It – King, Stephen
- Blame Changer: Understanding Domestic Violence – O’Brien, Carmel Therese
- The Suitcase Baby: The heartbreaking true story of a shocking crime in 1920s Sydney – Bretherton, Tanya
- Eugenia – Tedeschi, Mark
- The Society Murders: The true story of the Wales-King murders – Bonney, Hilary
- Killer in the Family – Cameron, Lindy
- Your Oxygen Mask First: 17 Habits to Help High Achievers Survive & Thrive in Leadership & Life – Lawrence, Kevin N.
- The Fatalist – McConachie, Campbell
- 2312 – Robinson, Kim Stanley
- Deep Listening: Impact Beyond Words – Trimboli, Oscar
- Behind the Gates of Gomorrah: Life inside one of America’s largest hospitals for the criminally insane, treating the real Hannibal Lecters of this world – Seager, Stephen
- Lethal Lovers: Horrifying True Australian Crimes of Passion – Heywood, Victoria
- Rule On Crime: 10 Crime Stories You Won’t Forget – Rule, Andrew
- The Clever Guts Diet – Mosley, Michael
- Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes – Coerr, Eleanor
- Hungover: The Morning After and One Man’s Quest for the Cure – Bishop-Stall, Shaughnessy
- The Checklist Manifesto: How to Get Things Right – Gawande, Atul
- The Book of Five Rings – Miyamoto Musashi
- Serial Killers: Psycopaths Who Kill Behind the Mask of Sanity – Wilson, Colin
- The Outsider – King, Stephen